Featured image: ...
The World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) Earth System Modelling and Observations (ESMO) project, through its Working Group on Coupled Models’ (WGCM) CMIP panel and WGCM infrastructure panel (WIP), has established a number of Task Teams to support the design, scope, and definition of the next phase of CMIP and evolution of CMIP infrastructure and future operationalisation.
Active task teams
The currently active task teams are:
- Climate Data Citation Co-leads: Sasha Ames, LLNL and Martina Stockhause, DKRZ
- Climate Data Request Co-leads: Martin Juckes, STFC and Chloe Mackallah, CSIRO
- Climate Forcings Co-leads: Paul Durack PCMDI/LLNL and Vaishali Naik, NOAA
- Climate Model Benchmarking Co-leads: Birgit Hassler, DLR and Forrest Hoffman, ORNL
- Climate Model Documentation Co-leads: David Hassell, NCAS and Guillaume Levavasseur, IPSL
- Strategic Ensemble Design Co-leads: Ben Sanderson, CICERO and Isla Simpson, NCAR
Data Access Task Team
The demand for and interest in CMIP data is growing rapidly with users coming from an increasingly diverse range of backgrounds beyond the climate research community including climate services, impact modelling, regional and local policy/decision makers and indigenous communities from across the globe. The CMIP6 Community Survey highlighted a number of opportunities for increasing equitable access to, and the utility of CMIP data. This task team will seek to smooth the path between the conception of experiments and the use of the resulting data.
The call for members to join the CMIP7 Data Access Task Team closed on Monday 23rd January 2023. Please check back here for more information soon. The call text is available here.