On this page:
The CMIP7 Model Benchmarking Task Team have compiled more detailed information about a number of model evaluation and benchmarking tools.
For each tool, click on the card to view:
- tool category;
- tool subcategory;
- tool description;
- tool website link;
- link to tool description video;
- model class;
- available metrics in the tool;
- accepted data formats;
- accepted data frequencies;
- source code availability and link to source code;
- documentation availability and link to tool documentation;
- links to tool tutorials which may be useful;
- examples of where the tool has been used;
- reference (e.g. observational) dataset availability;
- neccessary hardware;
- internet connectivity requirements; and
- types of available community support.
If you are having trouble viewing the tools gallery above, you can open it in a new tab by following this link.
Below is a YouTube playlist of videos describing climate model benchmarking and evaluation tools. To see other videos in the playlist, click the icon at the top of the video.
Submit a tool
To submit a model benchmarking or evaluation tool, please submit the form below. Alternatively, you can open the form in a new tab by following this link.