Deadline extended until Monday 23rd January!
The demand for and interest in CMIP data is growing rapidly with users coming from an increasingly diverse range of backgrounds beyond the climate research community including climate services, impact modelling, regional and local policy/decision makers and indigenous communities from across the globe. The CMIP6 Community Survey highlighted a number of opportunities for increasing equitable access to, and the utility of CMIP data. These include:
- Streamlining and making the processes for supplying CMIP-compatible data more accessible.
- Simplifying the user experience for data provisioning, access, and use.
- Facilitating community tool development.
- Supporting wider access to compute and analysis platforms.
- Reducing technical and resource-limitation barriers particularly for those in the global south.
This task team will seek to smooth the path between the conception of experiments and the use of the resulting data.
We are looking for a diverse and multidisciplinary team of 8-12 experts representing the range of CMIP-like data providers, data users, and infrastructure providers. We are especially keen to ensure representation from all global regions and across career stages.
We welcome applicants with some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Experience in providing data to coordinated experiments including but not necessarily limited to CMIP.
- Experience in the large-scale use of CMIP or CMIP-like data including under strong resource constraints.
- Experience in the distribution of data to user communities at large scale.
- Experience in the provisioning of computing services to user communities.
- Technical communication and moderation skills applicable to the climate science domain, experience in dealing with transdisciplinary projects, working across cultures and time zones, understanding, and achieving diversity goals.
Please read the Call Text for further information on the aims and objectives of the Task Team, and the relevant point of contact. Applications should be submitted via this form by Monday 23rd January 2023.